So, as it turns out, I kinda suck at the whole actually-executing-all-25-things-on-my-list-of-things-I’m-going-to-do-while-I’m-25-thing. I’ve crossed five off the list in the first six months. Mind you, the five that I’ve plowed through are all pretty awesome, and I’m not by any means upset about this, but I think it’s high time I revamp my list.
So, below, please find 20 new items that I will complete before I turn 26 in 6 months (minus a day, since my birthday is on the 3rd).
- Continue to be true to myself, my career goals, and my goals as they pertain to skydiving.
- Live in a simple fashion – eliminate the clutter.
- Be a good mentor to someone (I’ve heard I can cross this one off from multiple people but this is one of those things that is on-going).
- Facilitate an engaging discussion at SXSW 2011 about mentoring.
- Get to 100 jumps, and if time allows, my coach rating. The coach rating thing is a 2011 goal, but I don’t see why that can’t happen before June.
- Visit my family at least once between now and June.
- Stay in touch with my friends and former colleagues in Chicago. (Hi everyone!)
- Save enough money for a skydiving trip to somewhere cooler, climate-wise, when it’s blazing hot in Austin.
- Get new contacts.
- Go to the doctor.
- Blog more. Explore other areas of PR/Marketing and all things social.
- Help a student in their job search.
- Bring great people to WCG.
- Make time for myself so I can recharge and keep the creative energy at the highest level possible.
- Stay sane while the boy is on his adventure on the east coast. Set dates to see him while he’s in Chicago next season. Continue to be awesome to and with him and grow as a person. This one should count for 5 points.
- Keep my car maintained. AKA, get my car in for maintenance.
- Spend less money on stupid stuff. (See saving money on #8)
- Commit to a fitness plan that is sustainable. (See also #14)
- Eat clean. Go big or go home. Stop eating garbage and get back on track. Holidays are over, tubby.
- Do the right thing. Every time. It might not always make sense, but follow my gut. It’s served me well so far.
What are some things you hope to accomplish in 2011? If you’re working on a similar list of things you want to do during XX year, how is it coming? Are you keeping yourself in check and holding yourself accountable?
I still want to meet Oprah, for the record. So if you can work on that for me, that’d be great.
And I’m keeping the old list up, under the new list. You can see it here.